-
August 5th, 2006, 05:52 PM
#1
Inactive Member
That's a good idea! I just need something a bit more compact for my hats. I've been thinking of looking for a hatbox. The vintage ones I've seen aren't in the best shape and most have an odor, so I need to find one that is brand new. Anyway, that's my idea...
Any others?
-
August 5th, 2006, 06:13 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Hannah has an AG book with craft ideas in it. It may be Groom Your Room. They had a hat holder idea for girl's, but it could be scaled for dolls as well. They used a painted yardstick & glued clothespins on it, then hung it on the wall. You then pin the edge of the cap & have a row of hats on your wall. They did it vertically, but if you had space it could be done horizontally. They sell mini clothespins at Michaels tht would work for the doll hats & you could use a standard ruler. I don't think it would work w/ all types of hats since they could potentially be marked by the clothespins (like a velvet hat).
I really like the clothes tree idea. That would make a sweet display piece as well.
I have found new hatboxes at many stores....Value City, Burlington Coat Factory, T.J. Maxx, Tuesday Mornings, and Michael's craft store (you could use the 40% off coupon they usually have in Sunday's ad). Most of them are cardboard & paper covered, but I have seen cloth covered ones on occassion. They have all types of designs available.
Fun thread. I love reading about dolly ideas. [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]
Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
-
August 5th, 2006, 08:08 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I've thought about using a mug tree for a dolly hat tree. What do you think? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
-
August 5th, 2006, 10:48 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I have several hat boxes I use but I try to store the hat with the outfit...I use the large ziplock bags..it is big enough to hold the outfit, hat and shoes if needed. I can use a AG hanger and hang the bag on a rack.. It keeps everything together.
-
August 6th, 2006, 03:26 AM
#5
Inactive Member
I dreamed up another project for my DH to help me with. I want to take a post and make it into a "hall tree" type thing, but with dowels on all 4 sides, about 6 inches apart most of the way down. The dowels would be at an angle and capped with a round wooden bead. It would have to have a really sturdy base to make it safe for little people.
It would look a little like some of those lolly pop displays you see in candy stores. Instead it would hold all the dolly hats. I would probably have to invent some sort of cover to keep the dust off, when we aren't playing with it, but that wouldn't be hard to do.
any other suggestions?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks